I know y'all probably think I renounced Lost out of sheer busyness, but though I haven't had a chance to blog the last couple of weeks I've still been watching... and loving it! I don't know if I'll be satisfied with the ending, but I've been entirely satisfied by the last couple of episodes. They've both been entertaining, and given a sense of progression with the overall story line. So, hurrah!
This last episode was frankly fabulous. I loved watching Libby and Hugo (they were sooo awkward and awesome lol), and cheered when they were able to follow through with their original beach picnic date plan. I'm really enjoying seeing the LA Losties "wake up" to their Island existence too. I'm happy to see Hugo becoming more assertive in the Island reality too, but I'm a leeeetle leery about the whole thing of trusting his instincts to go "talk" to Shadow Dude / Pseudo-Locke. Ummm does anybody have ANY idea what that talk is going to consist of? Shadow Dude: "Hey y'all, good to see you. Sign in blood on this dotted line please."
1. Poor, poor Sun. Seriously, I'm starting to think that she and Jin won't be reunited until the finale.
2. So the whispers are ghosts, eh? That's kind of my reaction... eh. It's plausible enough, and officially an Answer, but Michael's tone was a little too "Yes Victoria, there IS a Santa Claus..." I thought his delivery there was horrendous, and it made the whole scene feel odd to me.
3. I have to admit, I'm a little confused by Jack's role currently. It seems like just a bit ago he was talking Richard into a renewed faith in Jacob, and Jacob himself was talking about the important part Jack had to play... now he's all like, 'Well I can't fix this, so I'll follow wherever you lead Hugo." Not sure if it's fatalism talking right now, or if it's more of a zen manifestation of his earlier faith in Jacob.
4. OMG ILANA DIED. Not going to lie, I screamed when she blew up. I definitely understand Ben's bitterness over what seems like the Island's fickleness... though part of me thinks the writers were just like, 'oh hmm, nobody has died in ages, we really need to remind everybody that all this is quite serious. Well, Ilana is kinda dispensable.." Along the same lines, I think Zoe will die soon.
5. OMG DESMOND. Though I don't think a single viewer was surprised when he got pushed down that well. Any thoughts on the significance of it though? On a pragmatic level, it could have just been Psuedo-Locke wanting to contain Desmond without killing him, but I wonder if the fact that it's located over one of the island's energy sources won't turn out to be significant? And speaking of zen, what is up with Des on the island lately? We didn't actually see him doing any "flashing" in this episode -- it would be great if he was simultaneously aware of both places right now.
6. Hit-and-run Locke... ok, ANY ideas on why Desmond chose to mow Locke over with his car rather then encountering him in any more gentle fashion? I mean, besides the fact that he might have been feeling a little angsty about being tossed down a well by him in the other reality...
Theory worth mentioning from the message boards:
Somebody apparently has noticed that on the plane, Desmond was wearing a wedding ring. Apparently there are also some discrepancies between the license plates of the car he was driving (though other people just say it was a different car altogether) and something about his hair being different. This has people theorizing that we're seeing THREE realities. Personally I don't buy it, but I figured it was worth mentioning.
There's also some debate over the identity of the boy we saw... is it the same child who previously appeared to Locke and Sawyer, only older? Or a different, dark-haired boy, representing Smoky-Dude himself as a child? I vote for same-child, probably-Jacob.
Ok y'all.. what were your favorite things? Favorite grievances? Favorite new theories? Let's discuss. :)
EDIT: Hehe I can't help it... in a probably totally irrelevant side note, everyone please note that in the Old Testiment, Joseph, the son of JACOB, was thrown down a well. Haha! Love it. ;P
Copyright © 2009-2016 by Sarah Eliza Louderback and Devastate Boredom. All rights reserved.
Unauthorized use and / or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site's author and / owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Sarah Eliza Louderback and Devastate Boredom with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. All free printables are offered for personal use only, and may not be offered for distribution on any other site. If you see this blog's content on any other site, please notify us immediately. Pinning is always appreciated and welcome. Thank you!